The Tiger Wormery is an environmentally friendly way to turn food waste into great vermicompost! The 4 Tray Standard Tiger Wormery operates very simply and harnesses the surface-feeding nature of the Tiger Worms that live inside it. As the worm composting unit fills, the worms follow the food upwards through the holes in the base of the trays leaving behind their rich organic compost in the trays below. By the time the top tray is full, the bottom tray is ready to harvest worm compost so you simply empty it and pop it back on top. You just keep the system going and the liquid fertiliser gathers in a chamber at the bottom where there is a tap to drain it into your watering can.
- 62 Litre Tiger Wormery with trays, drainage sump tray, tap and lid
- Approx. 100 Tiger Worms or a Worm Card Voucher*
- Approx. 1.5kg Lime Mix (to neutralise acidity)
- Coir Worm Bedding to introduce the worms into their new environment (also can be used to soak up moisture)
Tiger Wormeries are manufactured from high quality recycled plastic and come with a 5-year warranty. They are easy to use and will even look after themselves while you go on holiday.
Tip: If you are buying a Wormery as a gift or don't intend to set it up straight away, we suggest you get it delivered with a worm card instead of live worms. Then when you or the other person is ready to set it up, return the worm card by post and we will send the live tiger worms out to you. Just choose Worm Card Voucher from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
Upgrade to a Deluxe Wormery and Save. Our popular Deluxe Wormeries are excellent value upgrades. Deluxe Wormeries include everything supplied with the kits above but additionally come with:
- Worm Treats - 1.5kg
- Composting with Worms Book by George Pilkington
- A Coir Fibre Moisture Mat The Tiger Wormery is available in six colours in either 3 or 4 tray variants. Full instructions are provided for easy operation and we're at the end of a phone call should you ever need us.
Please note: The Tiger wormeries should be stored under a roof or in a secluded and sheltered area for best results as they're not rainproof and could flood in the event of heavy showers, but they are perfect for a garage, shed or out-building. Avoid putting them in direct sunlight or out in freezing conditions.
4 Tray ASSEMBLED W/ COMPOST
Height: 56cm - 87cm